Add to Schedule

The Church of St. John of Nepomuk

The first building block of the church was položenv 1845. Since construction has grown rapidly, it has 2 September 1846 be transferred bells hanging from the castle chapel and the next day the first bell. Rite has conducted in great glory May 16, 1847, Cardinal Friedrich of Schwarzenberg. The church was dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk, the patron saint of Schwarzenberg family, and May 16 has since been celebrated annually in Hluboka midsummer pilgrimage.

In the nineties of the 20th century total reconstruction of the church. Gala culmination of the long and costly repairs became the 2005 consecration ceremony of new bells, cast Pasovská by Rudolf Perner. Three bells bear the names of John of Nepomuk, and Vaclav Vojtech.

Back