Church of St. Wenceslas in Lišov was built in 1862-1865 on the site of an older structure, from which it has retained the tower in the main frontage axis.
The first written mention of the town of Lišov dates from 1334. The town, including the rectory, was burnt down in 1619. Until 1661, when Stanislav Gajecius became the Lišov pastor, a priest only visited Lišov on certain days. S. Gajecius then brought the painting of the Mother of God, which has remained part of the altar to this day. A bell from Nuremberg was installed in 1658. Burials took place around the church until 1756. Although the church underwent numerous modifications, it was deemed unsuitable in 1861 and demolished (except the tower). The foundation of a new structure was laid the following year, and the new church was consecrated in 1864. The whole building cost 40 thousand guilders at the time. A year later, the church was given a new organ made by František Svítil the Elder, a prominent Czech organ-maker. No other instrument made by him has been preserved.
Allegedly, the largest Bumerin bell on the Black Tower in České Budějovice originates from St. Wenceslas Church in Lišov. According to legend, the bell originally belonged to the town of Rudolfov, but the local church was confiscated from Rudolfov following disputes between local miners and Budějovice. The locals wished to salvage at least their bell, so they buried it in the ground. Many years later, a pig herder from Lišov found it in a meadow and donated it to his home town. However, the bell was too heavy for the Lišov tower, so the aldermen sold it to Budějovice. Lišov burghers thus became rich; they purchased 3 smaller bells and still had some money left.