Originally a Gothic church, established with the city (13th century). In the 17th century, reconstruction took place and the church acquired its current look. The structure has a triple nave layout with 18th century interiors.
The Church of St. Nicholas stands at the place where a late 13th century Gothic temple once stood, which was reconstructed in the 16th century, but destroyed by the great fire of 1641. A new Baroque cathedral was completed in 1649; however, the construction was accompanied by many difficulties. Later it even had to be repaired due to unsatisfactory structural parameters. The last reconstruction took place in 1912. The Church of St. Nicholas has three naves; the side naves include Baroque chapels. The main altar was created in 1791 and most of the interior equipment dates to the 18th century. Near the church there used to be a town vcemetery, where people were buried since the 13th century. It was shut down in 1784 by Joseph II.