Add to Schedule

Water tower

A new water tower was built from 1721 to 1724 in order to supply Samson‘s Fountain with water from the Vltava. In 1882 it was extended and reconstructed into its current shape with the top floor being half- -timbered. It is situated near the Litvínovice Bridge and on its eastern wall we can find a large sgraffito with the town coat of arms. This technical sight, which is 44.3 metres tall and which is finished with a helmet in the shape of a truncated pyramid, is a distinctive feature of České Budějovice.