A Jewish settlement in the town is documented from the beginning of the 17th century, while the Jewish community existed here from the 18th century until 1906. Jewish houses were concentrated on a street leading from the square to Javornice on the northwestern outskirts of the town, evi-dently from the beginning of the 18th century. Most of the original 16 houses are still preserved, albeit reconstructed. An interest-ing architectural element of the Jewish street is the arch connecting houses No. 65 and 66.
The synagogue was built in the 18th century but in 1906 was adapted into the inhabited residential house No. 10.
The cemetery is located 1 km south of the village, on a hill in forest. It was founded at the beginning of the 18th century at the latest. There are about 200 tombstones over a cemetery area of 1,320 square meters dating from the middle of the 18th century to 1940, including many valuable baroque columns. The cemetery has recently been completely repaired and is freely accessible.