The Jewish settlement in Hoštice is documented from the early 18th century, with a Jewish community already existing at the time.
The synagogue is of unknown age and stands north of the village square near a former Jewish house. It is presently dilapidated and abandoned.
The Jewish cemetery is located one kilometer northwest of the village, on a hillside at the edge of the forest. It was founded in the second quarter of the 18th century at the latest and was used for burials by the end of the 19th century. It covers an area of 543 square meters and holds about 50 preserved tombstones from 1735 until the end of the 19th century. The cemetery is freely accessible.