A Jewish settlement has been documented in the town from the first half of the 19th century. There was a prayer room and a teacher’s flat in house No. 39, which now serves as a residence.
The cemetery covers 2,090 square meters and was estab-lished in the first half of the 19th century. It is located 700 meters northwest of the center of the village at the southeast part of the Kovářovská hill. Today it is hidden at the edge of the forest. There are around 120 tombstones here from the time of its foundation until 1940. Only about a quarter of the cemetery holds tombstones, while the rest is unused. In the northwest corner of the cemetery the perimeter walls of a building have been preserved where there was originally a small space for washing the de