Jews most likely lived in Stádlec as early as the second half of the 17th century. In 1724, there were three documented Jewish families in Stádlec, then in 1747 there were 6 Jewish families; in the registry of Jews from 1783, there are 10 Jewish families registered. In 1880 there were 77 Jews, in 1890 there were 63 Jews (9% of all inhabitants), in 1900 there were 26 Jews (3.9% of all inhabitants), and in 1930 there were only 6 Jews (1.1% of all inhabitants).
Jewish houses were most likely concentrated on Židovská Street in the western part of the village and south of the parallel road to Staré Sedlo, from the eighteenth century. Before the middle of the 19th century, there were 9 Jewish houses here, some of which are still preserved in reconstructions. The prayer room was first documented in written sources in 1723.
The synagogue at No. 109 was built in the emerging “Jewish alley” at the western edge of the village, allegedly in the years 1730-1740, then was rebuilt during the 19th century. Worship was held regularly in the synagogue until the end of the 19th century, then occasionally until the 1930’s. After the war, a cinema was set up in the prayer hall and the women’s gallery was used as a balcony for viewers. At present, the synagogue has been converted into an apartment, while the main prayer hall will soon serve for cultural purposes.
A small Jewish cemetery was founded between 1812-1814 in the fields a kilometer south of the village, southwest of the Podhrázský mill. Until then, burials took place at the Jewish cemetery in Zběšičky. There are about 100 tombstones preserved from 1821 to the 1930’s over a cemetery area of 539 square meters. There are only a few remnants of the quarry stone masonry wall and the mortuary. In 2009 and 2012, all fallen tombstones were erected at a cost of about CZK 200,000, and in 2015-2016, all the historic tombstones were restored. The cemetery is freely accessible.
Interesting: The prose writer and Jewish textbook author Josef Žalud (1850-1923, Prague) was born in Stádlec.