Come with us from České Budějovice beautiful nature along a cycle path that will take you along the Vltava river over Hluboka nad Vltavou to Purkarka. You are looking, for example, in the castle in Hluboká nad Vltavou, you are waiting for the charming views of Hněvkovická dam, you will pass under the hill of the ancient Baba castle and along the Old branch to the Karvanice Nature Reserve. You will visit the castle castle, you will see the museum of voroplavby and perhaps you will go even further, while going for electricity from the nucleus to Temelín NPP.
From Ceske Budejovice (parking at Dlouhý most) after CT No. 12 to Hluboka nad Vltavou (trace is copied to the left bank of the Vltava river) - behind the Sport-relaxation area along the left bank of the Vltava river and after CT No. 1079 (possibility of a detour to Karlův Hrádek) . The cycle path has an asphalt surface. Route section České Budějovice - Hluboká nad Vlt. leads along the plain, on the section Hluboká nad Vlt. - The Purkarec Plateau alternately ascend and descend. In this section along the cycle path there are boards with information on fauna and flora and covered rest areas.
If you wish to extend your trip to Temelín NP - from Purkarce follow CT No. 1079 and behind the village to the left follow the red tourist sign, follow CT No. 1095 and follow it through Býšov and then along the main road to NPP Temelín .
From Purkarce go back to České Budějovice along the same route. If you would get tired or would like to have a trip, you can take a regular boat trip with Vojtěch Lanna Jr., which will take your bicycle (the timetable here). If you decide to visit Temelín NPP and you will not want to return to Purkarka, back to Ceske Budejovice you will also be carrying the yellow line of the Cyklotrans transport system (timetable here) with your wheels.
What to see and experience
- České Budějovice - visit the historical center with the square of Přemysl Otakar II., The Samson Fountain, the Black Tower, the Old Town Hall, the Piarist Square and much more.
- hunting wild rays on a raft or canoe in the Lida Polesna's boating area Resort in České Vrbné
- Bavorovice - the central part of the village is a monument zone, you will see village folk-style blats, forge with a bell tower and chapel from the 18th century.
- Hluboká nad Vltavou - go to the castle, sport, adrenaline and entertaining to the sport-relaxation area, golf course or swimming pool, for animals in the Ohrada Zoo and for horses to Vondrov and other places.
- ride through the beautiful nature around the Old Fields stretching from Hluboka nad Vlt. to the Gothic ruins of Karlův Hrádek. On the territory of the Old Branch there is Baba Nature Park with remains of Celtic oppida
- Karlův Hrádek - a free Romantic Gothic castle ruin. He left the castle in the 14th century. to build Charles IV. as a personal place to rest
- Purkarec - former village; visit the local museum of voroplavby - from the preserved documents, photographs, models and objects of everyday needs, you will learn a lot of interesting things about the construction of rafts, the production of mushrooms, the clothes and the tools of the swordsmen,
- Býšov - fort from the end of the 14th century. referred to as the residence of the brothers Arnošt and Kunín of Býšov. Look at the museum exhibitions devoted to the fortress itself and, in general, life on the fortresses, Vltavotýnska archeology or distilleries in the Czech lands
- NPP Temelín - visit NP Temelín Information Center in the premises of the Renaissance chateau Vysoký hrádek, where you will find a technical multimedia exhibition of nuclear power engineering and physics. You will learn interesting information not only about Temelín NPP and its operation